…As I run out of my Lavender Oil and need to buy more I thought I would post this again.
There are many essential oils and ways one can use them. I will highlight some of my favorite ones. Let’s first look at how they work.
Aromatherapy is a type of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic plant compounds which are aimed at improving a person’s health or mood. Some consider this type of treatment as unscientific and wishful thinking – I will let you draw your own conclusion. From my personal experience I have felt the effects.
The essential oils used in aromatherapy have a different composition compared to other herbal products because the distillation used in aromatherapy recovers the lighter phytomolecules.
It is believed that the inhalation of essential oils stimulates the part of the brain connected to smell – the olfactory system; a signal is sent to the limbic system. The limbic system in turn influences the endocrine system and the autonomic nervous system. The brain is controlling emotions and retrieves learned memories and causes chemicals to be released which make the person feel relaxed, calm, or even stimulated.
Most oils you should dilute in oil, lotion or water. Lavender and Tee Tree oil are two oils that can be used directly on the skin. (be cautious of reactions)
Lavender has been said to help acne, insect bites, headaches, cuts and strains on a physical level. Emotionally it is good for stress, anxiety and relieve depression. It is also the one essential oil which is good for all chakras.
- Lavender (Photo credit: Sarah Elizabeth Simpson)
Tea Tree Oil: is an anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-viral and great for colds in a bath.
Lavender and Tee Tree I have personally found to be good for Psoriasis. Carrier Oils which can help Psoriasis include avocado, carrot seed, jojoba, sesame, and wheatgerm.
Patchouli: known for it’s aphrodisiac properties and is grounding and balancing.
Ylang Ylang and Jasmine are two oils I love the smell of.
Ylang Ylang: it is a sexy sent and is an aphrodisiac and assist to overcome sexual difficulties. Anger, PMS, Mood Swings and Stress might also be curtailed with this oil.
- Ylang ylang4 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Jasmine: opens the heart chakra, allows self-confidence, self love and is a sensual and romantic oil.
- Jasmine flower (Photo credit: snopek)
- Aphrodisiac: ylang ylang, neroli, patchouli, jasmine and sandalwood.
- Anti-Depressants: ylang ylang, geranium, jasmine, orange, sandalwood, mandarin, lemon.
- Anxiety: neroli, bergamot, lavender, rose, lime.
- Meditation: sandelwood, frankincense, clary sage, lavender, neroli, myrrh, rosewood.
- Stimulant: peppermint, rosemary, basil, eucalyptus (great for colds).
- Sedative: neroli, cedarwood, chamomile, valerian, clary sage.
- Transform Negative Energy: sage, basil, frankincense, lavender, myrrh, juniper, sandalwood, spruce.
Fennel is an oil I learned a long time ago is good for cellulite and it has a drainage effect. Essential oils are not only good for the emotional benefits but many are great for the skin and other physical aliments. I highly recommend the use of essential oils in a diffuser for the room, in your bath, skin care and more. Discover all the way you can naturally improve your well-being and skin.